Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Jealousy

I have a friend who asked me about every new stuff I bought. How much was your house, what was the size of it, how much was your car, how much did it cost you to buy that kind of water heater, and so on, and so on. At first I kind of thought that it was just a friendly thing, you know, to show how much she cared, but eventually she started comparing my stuffs with her stuffs, and she began stating that hers were more expensive or better than mine. One day I bought a camera, the next day she also bought a camera with higher mega pixels. I wasn't even sure if she needed the camera at the time :)

I mean, that's good for my friend to have such beautiful and expensive things, but why saying that hers were better to me, right? When I told my hubby about this, he just said, oh she did that because she was jealous of you. Then I said, what to be jealous about? I thought she said hers were all more expensive than mine. That sort of stated that she had more money than I did. So until now I really don't understand why she did all that :)
 
Anyways, many times we envy other people when they seem to have more than us. We envy our friend who has bigger salary, better position at the office, or thinner body. We get jealous with people because they have bigger home, better car, or the latest and more sophisticated gadget. 

Instead of feeling jealous of other people's belongings, T. Harv Eker advised us to follow the Huna (the native Hawaiian) tradition that we should bless that which we want.  
So the next time you see a person with a beautiful house that you want, bless that person and bless the house. If you see this gorgeous person riding this gorgeous car, then bless that person and bless the car. If you see this person with a perfect body which you want, bless that person and bless his/her body.

Moreover, Mr. Eker stated:

Jealousy comes from counting others' blessings instead of your own.

So, start counting your own blessings guys, I'm sure we are all abundantly blessed by the universe. That way we'd avoid falling into the trap of jealousy!


Many blessings, peace and love,
-angel apprentice- 


Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

No comments:

Post a Comment