Friday, August 16, 2013

A Simple Thank You

Do you have a problem receiving? Many of us would answer that straight away, "Of course not! I'm totally open to the universe and so ready to receive."
Well... look again carefully. 

How many times have we turned down even the smallest compliment from others? For example, when your colleague at work saying, "Wow you really look nice today. New dress?" and you would reply, "Oh you mean this old thing? No... it's not even new!" :)
How about turning down money?

I live in the suburbs of Jakarta, it's about 14 miles from home to the office. Some of my office mates are also living in the same area, so you know, many times we give each other rides home. With all the traffic we have in Jakarta, it's always best to take the toll road rather than going through the regular road. And the thing with toll road is, that you've got to pay :) 

Well anyways, one day a friend from office was coming home with me in my car, and when it was near the gate where we had to pay, she offered me money. Automatically, I turned down her money and say, "No, no, it's okay, I got it covered." Then she tried to kind of shovel her money to my hands and I turned it down even more.

You see... it's a form of saying to the universe that you don't want to receive. You have this judgement around what kind of money you can accept, or which kind of money you should say no to. You also say that you just don't deserve this, please take it back. And because the universe is really kind to you, it's giving what you're asking: take this back, I don't want it. Perhaps in some ways the universe is even confused with you, because one time you said you wanted to receive, but another time you said take it back :p

It'll be a lot better if the next time the universe is giving you something, either it's a compliment, or money, or whatever, and this habit of making yourself small is already at the tip of your mouth, just stop for like 2 seconds, and then say, "Thank you" (and I bet a second later you'll find yourself smiling).

Yes people, just a simple but powerful thank you would definitely do it. Thank you for saying this nice things to me, thank you for giving me money through my work and the people around me, thank you for the love and the abundance in my life. And yes, I'm ready to receive more from the universe!

Many blessings, peace and love,
-angel apprentice-

No comments:

Post a Comment