Monday, August 12, 2013

Value Your Gifts

Hi guys, last week was this most festive season in Indonesia. We celebrated the Eid Mubarak like there's no other holiday throughout the year, so last week was my time off from writing also :)

Today I'm writing about some money myths that are 'haunting' service-based businesses and heart-centered entrepreneurs. I got this from Pamela Bruner in The Tapping World Summit 2013. You can check more of Pamela's work here.

So here they are, the famous money myths that we all are familiar with:

1. These are my gifts, I should give them away
You're saying: I love doing these things, they're so easy and fun for me to do. I don't want to charge people so much for these! But actually, it's your fear's saying: I'll be seen as greedy or not thankful for my gifts if I charge more or charge a fair amount for them.
You can re-frame it to this: 
If you believe that God or the universe is really abundant, maybe the easiest way to shower you with abundance is through your gifts. Use them and be rewarded for them. (Definitely an aha! moment for me).

2. Cheaper is better
Yep, the society keeps on repeating that the cheaper is the better.
Here is the re-frame to that: 
People value what they paid for. They put attention and intention to it. So by raising your rates you're saying that this is important, this is something to put your attention to. And for your clients, you're so worth investing in :) 

3. I can't increase my rates, no one would pay for it
Again, it's your fear speaking :p
Do this re-frame instead of giving in to your fear: 
Everyone has different money set point, so when for example A says $100 is expensive, maybe B would say that $100 is a fair amount, and so on. So you should target to people with higher money set point and people who are more willing to invest in themselves through you :)

More over, you can make several programs to reach both people with higher and lower money set points. So then you can even serve more people. Cool, isn't it? :)    

Many blessings, peace and love, 
-angel apprentice-

No comments:

Post a Comment