Monday, August 5, 2013

Self Sabotage

Hi guys,
Yesterday at church, the priest was asking a question about which one would you choose, earthly possession, or heavenly possession. I said in whisper to my hubby sitting next to me, of course earthly possession, because we live here and now on earth, and I never heard any dead people still need any possession ha ha ha...

I remembered not so long ago I felt really reluctant to admit that I wanted to be more successful, that I want to be rich in every aspects in my life. It seemed that it's a sin to want more money, more success... it seemed that I was being greedy, and not thankful for what I already had. Now those thoughts are beginning to shift, thanks to all the books and great life coaches out there :)

In spite of all the wishes to be successful, sometimes I still find myself sabotaging my own success. You might never think that you're sabotaging your own success. You might be thinking, why in the world do I sabotage my own success? 

Well, have you ever:
  • Procrastinate --> you avoid doing things to avoid being criticized
  • Played it small --> that you think you're being humble, or you're saying that you don't want any promotion, or no I can't do that, that's not for me.... but actually you're being self protective
  • Blew opportunities --> e.g. by not doing your best at that presentation, or at that job interview, etc.
  • Not wanted to rock the boat --> you don't want to leave your convenient spot, you don't want any change. It's frightening to ever change!
  • Over did stuff --> you over spent your money so your credit card bills are piling up, you over drank, or even being a workaholic that would exhaust yourself and your health.

All the above are examples of how we often self sabotage ourselves. You might want to ask, if I'm sabotaging myself, I must be so afraid of something. I wonder what is it that I'm so afraid of? 

What is it the down side of completing my website? (for example). Well... maybe I'm afraid that somebody would criticize me.
What is the up side of staying where I am right now? Why does it feel safer not to rock the boat and want to change?

Well guys, really ask yourselves all those questions, and when the answer comes to your mind, I surely hope that you're ready to take action to clear your path to success!
I learned this wonderful teaching of success and self sabotage from Carol Look in The Tapping World Summit 2013. Hope this little posting is useful to you :)

Many blessings, peace and love,
-angel apprentice-

No comments:

Post a Comment