Thursday, August 29, 2013

Learn Some Movements



I'm so grateful that I have such a wonderful family. My mom was very supportive, she encouraged us a lot to learn many things that I found later in life are actually really useful :). Though I rebelled a lot when I was a kid (they said second child would likely rebel), I had a pretty good, happy childhood. 

My mom passed away of breast cancer about 16 years ago. My dad (he's 70 years old) had 2 times 'mild' stroke in the past 3 years. I called it mild because thank goodness it didn't harm him a lot, he didn't have to stay at the hospital, he just had his hands weaker for some time, but then he soon recovered. The only thing that's still bothering him until today is that he's having a trouble with his neck. It's hard for him to turn his neck to the left and right. 

My dad loved to jog, swim, and cycling trough our neighborhood before the stroke attacks. He did this routine exercise every day, sometimes twice a day in the morning and evening. So you can imagine how miserable he was after the stroke, that he couldn't do his exercise routine for quite some time.  

One day he decided that he was healthy enough to go on his bike, but because it was hard for him to move his neck, he got hit by a bajaj (see pic above). The streets in Jakarta are very crowded, they are not designed for people to go by feet or for people with bikes, so the accident happened and my dad fell from his bike, having bruises on his left elbow. My dad's comment after the accident was, "So this is what it cost me for not being able to move my neck like I used to." (He's a very simple, down to earth person if I may say :D ).

So I asked my angels, how is it possible for me to help heal my dad's neck problem? Because he had gone to doctors, tried therapies, and even got his neck massaged several times. None worked thoroughly, it got better for a while and then it would hurt again. And somehow the angels lead me to qi gong :)

Have you ever heard of qi gong? It's some kind of exercise, done in slow motion. It helps to improve your health, vitality, physical conditions, and lessen your stress. It's originated around 5000 years ago in China. Qi means life force energy, and Gong means work in a skillful way. So qi gong means to work in a skillful way with your life force energy. If you want to know more about qi gong, I suggest you to go to Lee Holden's page right here.

This is a bit out of topic, but I really admire you westerners who come far away to these distant lands and committed your time and energy to learn great but 'foreign' stuff. And moreover, you share your knowledge again to more and more people around the world. I mean, I am an Asian, but I eventually learn all this stuff about qi gong, meditation, angels, and chakra from you guys. I always thought that you westerners are really great explorers and eager learners. So, bravo to that! I'm so grateful for all the wonderful work that you give to the world :)

Anyways, I'm going to give Lee's qi gong series to my dad. I surely hope my dad will heal soon :)

Many blessings, peace and love,
-angel apprentice-

No comments:

Post a Comment